Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lighten My Life: Works in Progress

Several projects are in the works around here.  Our goal this year is to lighten our lives, so we are embarking on projects that specifically lead us to that goal. 

Project 1:
Goal: Lightening the Body
This is something that I've wanted to do since we bought our first house, but we've never made the time to do it, and frankly, we were a bit unsure of our gardening skills.  So we're making some big changes to this nasty area on the side of the house:
Now that we have my father-in-law living with us, and he has quite the green thumb, we are building a vegetable garden!  The guys worked on the frame this weekend:
Now we just need to get it filled in and plant!  Fresh veggies this summer will mean better eating  and trimmer waistlines for sure!

Project 2
Goal: Lighten the colors
I've been wanting to make some changes in my powder room, and I've got a couple paint samples up on the wall.  Still waiting on my free Valspar paint sample to arrive to make the final decision.(Thanks to Lindsay at Living with Lindsay for the heads up there! I think they are still doing the giveaway)  
Sample on the left is a bit more blue (CI191 - Sea Salt Blue) and the right is a bit more green (SR209 - Silver Sea).  But in this picture, they look practically the same.  Trust me, they don't in the room! Many before pictures have been taken, so I'll share more on this project as we move forward. 

I just love having projects in progress, but I'll be much happier when they are done!!  What are you working on right now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment